Monday, August 29, 2016

Red Coral necklaces with Bamboo pendants


I've been looking forward to creating these two necklaces for some time now.  When I found the mother of pearl pendant, I immediately thought it would look really cool with the chunky red coral, mimicking the jointed bamboo design.  I added some sterling silver beads and a 1.5" extender chain.  Including the extender, the necklace measures 17.5". $40





For the second necklace, I created the fine silver pendant using Art Clay Silver and impressing a bamboo pattern into it.  I once again thought of the jointed coral looking like bamboo.  Using dyed coral and some randomly placed sterling silver beads, I created a more petite version.  This one measures 17.25" and has a sterling squeeze clasp (no fingernails required). $40